Perfmatters is a performance optimization plugin for WordPress websites. Its primary purpose is to help improve the speed and overall performance of WordPress sites by providing a variety of tools and features. The plugin is designed to be lightweight and user-friendly, allowing website owners to easily implement performance enhancements without extensive technical knowledge.
Key features of Perfmatters typically include:
- Script Management: Perfmatters allows users to selectively disable unnecessary scripts and styles on a per-page basis. This can significantly reduce the number of HTTP requests and improve page loading times.
- Lazy Loading: The plugin often includes options for lazy loading of images, iframes, and other elements. Lazy loading defers the loading of certain elements until they are about to be displayed on the user’s screen, reducing initial page load times.
- DNS Prefetching: Perfmatters may offer DNS prefetching capabilities, allowing websites to resolve domain names before a user clicks on a link. This can speed up the process of fetching resources from external domains.
- Database Optimization: Some versions of Perfmatters may include tools for cleaning up and optimizing the WordPress database, removing unnecessary data and improving database performance.
- Disable Emoji and Embeds: The plugin may provide options to disable emoji scripts and embeds, which can be useful for sites that don’t need these features and want to reduce unnecessary script loading.
- Heartbeat Control: Perfmatters may offer control over the WordPress Heartbeat API, which is responsible for real-time data updates, allowing users to adjust its frequency to reduce server resources.
- CDN Integration: The ability to integrate with Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) is often a feature of Perfmatters. CDNs help deliver website content more efficiently by serving it from servers located closer to the user.